Distance/Off-premises selling (i.e. via internet, door to door)
Transactions subject to the rules below are sales and service contracts to consumers when you don't meet your customer face-to-face; e.g. contractual agreements by internet, telephone (with or without human interaction), email, fax or standard letter and contracts when you conclude a contract with customers outside your usual business premises.
Transactions in relation to the following topics are not covered by the relevant Law:
- social & healthcare services;
- financial, insurance & investment products;
- real estate and rental accommodation (residential);
- package travel, timeshare and certain holiday services that are subject to specific rules;
- passenger transport (apart from some specific rules );
- contracts established by certain public office-holders, such as notaries;
- food & drink supplied by regular delivery to a customer's home or workplace;
- products sold in vending machines.
Note/Source: Part of the texts included in this section, come from EU’s site: “Your Europe".